Traffic Violations

Traffic violations are classified as Misdemeanor 1 (M1), Misdemeanor 2 (M2), Misdemeanor 3 (M3), Misdemeanor 4 (M4) and Minor Misdemeanor (MM). All misdemeanor violations issued in the Court's territorial jurisdiction are filed in this Court and remain in this Court through sentencing.

Waiver (Ticket) Bureau: 

The Waiver Bureau has been established to allow you to pay a ticket in lieu of appearing in court. Not all charges are payable without a court appearance. Click to view the fines & costs schedule for payable violations when an appearance is not required.

Click here for Traffic/Criminal Forms

Click here for Traffic Violation Department Contact Information

Criminal Violations 

Misdemeanor 1 (M1) charges, as well as Misdemeanor 2 (M2), Misdemeanor 3 (M3), Misdemeanor 4 (M4) and Minor Misdemeanors (MM), are filed in the Court and remain in this Court through sentencing.

Possible Maximum Sentence: 

Classification        Confinement          Individual Fine

M1                      up to 6 months            up to $1,000.00

M2                      up to 90 days              up to $750.00

M3                      up to 60 days              up to $500.00

M4                      up to 30 days              up to $250.00

MM                     None                           up to $150.00*


*Effective January 1, 2004 the maximum fine for a minor misdemeanor increased from $100 to $150 (O.R.C. 2929.28(A)(2)(b).

Click here for traffic/ Criminal Forms

Click here for Criminal Department Contact Information

Felony Violations 

This Court holds the initial appearance and preliminary hearing for felony charges originating in the Court's territorial jurisdiction. After the preliminary hearing or waiver of preliminary hearing, the case may proceed in the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court.

Small Claims 

Small Claims petitions may be filed for an amount no greater than $3,000.00. Petitions are available at the Clerk of Court's Office or may be downloaded from the forms section of this website.

Click here for Small Claims Forms.

Click here for Small Claims Department Contact Information


Civil cases include all cases filed to collect money with a monetary jurisdiction up o $15,000.00. If the amount is more than $15,000.00, the case will need to be filed in the Court of Common Pleas. Civil cases include: Cases for Restitution; Trusteeship Cases; Evictions and Rent Escrow Cases.

Click here for Civil Forms

Click here for Civil Department Contact Information